In a first "Med Life with Dr. Horton" podcast, Dr. Jillian Horton discusses CaRMS, the Canadian Resident Matching Service. In this episode, she is joined by Dr. Moneeza Walji.
They answer these questions:
- What are some strategies for choosing and ranking programs?
- Should I have a back-up program in my ranking?
- What should I do about conflicting interviews?
- What are interviewers looking for in a candidate?
- What should I do when I can't think of an answer to an interview question?
- Should I change my strategy when being interviewed by a resident versus a program director?
- How does the panel score the interview?
- Should I disclose a mental health diagnosis or personal struggles?
- Should I talk about my partner, kids, or family?
- How do I handle the stress related to CaRMS?
- And more.