Call for Submissions
WHITE COAT, Warm ART Exhibit ~ Vancouver British Columbia ~ April 25th-28th 2015
We are pleased to announce the 6th Canadian Conference on Medical Education (CCME) Art Exhibit entitled: “White COAT, Warm ART.” This exhibit will showcase the creative talents of medical and other health sciences faculty, residents, students, and physicians and other health professionals from across Canada. This will be a juried exhibition. Entries will be accepted in a wide variety of categories, including oils, watercolour, photographs, pastels, etchings, pen and ink, etc. Some limited space will also be available for the display of small sculptures.
Artistic Selection: Preference will be given, for the live exhibit, to pieces of art that capture the human experience of practicing and/or learning medicine, however art that is not related to that specific theme, is welcomed. Selection for all pieces will be based on artistic merit, and demonstrated skill in effecting a particular artistic vision in the media chosen. Accompanying artist statements will also be read and considered during the selection process.
TWO Categories - YOU MUST SPECIFY WHICH CATEGORY YOU ARE SUBMITTING TO:
- Live Exhibit: Artists selected for the live exhibit must either plan to bring their art to the exhibit or arrange to have it shipped (or brought by someone else). Any Shipping Arrangements (delivery AND Packing for Return Shipping) must be made by the artist. All shipping (& Insurance) expenses are born by the artist.
- Digital Exhibit: If you don’t plan to attend the exhibit or are unable to have your art shipped, please submit to the “Digital Exhibit only”.
Judging will be carried out online so all entries (both categories) must be sent in for judging as digital images. For paintings and sculptures, please include a clear digital image of the artwork showing as much detail as possible.
- Include in your email: 1) Title of Piece, Size, Media 2) your name, contact information (phone number, email address), 3) where you are (what school?) and what you do (e.g. medical student, resident, faculty…etc), 4) Email, and 5) a short artist’s statement (60 words max): how your artistic endeavors affect your life in terms of life balance, well being, compassion, creativity, etc.
- Email submission to: email@example.com
SPECIAL EXTENDED DEADLINE MARCH 15th
- Artworks must be originals, created by faculty, residents, students or those involved in the healthcare/ wellness field.
- A maximum of 2 artworks per artist can be submitted.
- All submitted digital images must have a resolution of 96 DPI or a file size of at least 2MB
For further information you can contact Dr. Carol-Ann Courneya (UBC, Faculty of Medicine) firstname.lastname@example.org, or Dr. Pamela Brett-MacLean (UAlberta, Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry) email@example.com.