Émilie Lacharité is Digital Content Editor at CMAJ
Once in a while it’s good to give ourselves a ‘self-exam’ and check to see what content is most popular, where our readers come from and which pages on cmaj.ca get the most traffic. The following CMAJ articles got the most views during the month of September. Some of these articles date back to previous years and are now free to view.
We are not certain exactly why certain older articles are still very popular. It may be that they are being linked to from external websites, or perhaps they have been bookmarked for reference (e.g. the guidelines). If you have any insight or thoughts as to why these articles are still trending, we’d appreciate a comment below. Happy reading.
- Rheumatology: 5. Diagnosis and management of inflammatory polyarthritis (2000)
- Health benefits of physical activity: the evidence (2006)
- Arthroscopic surgery for degenerative tears of the meniscus: a systematic review and meta-analysis (2014)
- Fetal alcohol spectrum disorder: Canadian guidelines for diagnosis (2005)
- Metformin and low levels of thyroid-stimulating hormone in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus (2014)
- Pathology in the Hundred Acre Wood: a neurodevelopmental perspective on A.A. Milne (2000)
- 2010 clinical practice guidelines for the diagnosis and management of osteoporosis in Canada: summary (2010)
- Effectiveness of quality improvement strategies for coordination of care to reduce use of health care services: a systematic review and meta-analysis (2014)
- Management of Bell palsy: clinical practice guideline (2014)
- Tips for learners of evidence-based medicine: 1. Relative risk reduction, absolute risk reduction and number needed to treat (2004)